Monday, January 08, 2007

Oru Nadigai Nadagam Parkiral - Jayakanthan

Jan 9th, 2007 
Today I completed reading this book.
Really a good book to be read in life.
I thought I will write my comment about the book. But one question left me wondering whether I have the requirements to comment that book. So I thought I will use the word opinion/view and not comment.
When I completed the book, I remembered a famous sentence/wordings or what ever it may be


"Even a beautiful woman doesn't know what she wants, unless she finds it.  And she will recognise the value of it only when she looses it".




What is the above wordings say? In depth if we look, it says that a beautiful woman who will take lot of care in making her appearance to look appealing and aesthetic based on her physique by choosing what will suit her carefully and particularly/specifically for her. But, even such a decision making person also will not know what she wants or what will suit her unless she sees it or finds it. It is not only with a beautiful woman. It is a figure of speech. It refers to those who are careful and known to be good decision makers. Even those who are noted for their decision making will not know what they want unless they find it.

Now everything which we have a value in one way or rather. Now how we are going to recognise the value of what we have?. Unfortunately human mind doesn't know to understand what it has in hand, unless it is lost. The same holds good for everyone. We won't know the value of what we have unless we loose it. Does that means, we have to loose what we have and then only we will come to know the value of it?  NO . Then what is it meaning? Understand the value of what you have when you have it. 
Because when you loose it you will not be able to get it back and the pain is going to be 
very much based on what you have lost. Is it a warning to be careful in life? Yes I would say it is a warning because being double cautious is not going to cost you a life, but what you lost may cost you another life span.


Now another quote I use to remember is


Expect the Unexpected



It is so short and sweet. Because what it means is, lessen you expectation in life. It is not saying don't expect anything. It in depth means expectation level should depend on the value of what you are expecting. You should not expect something which not worth and get hurted when not got. But if it is something very valuable then expect if you are worth for it. Now life is uncertain. I don't want to discuss whether it is certain or uncertain ;). But take everyday with the belief that something unexpected is going to happen and it is going to be for good. Then you will understand that, every minute and every day will be happy and peaceful.


I sincerely Thank Mr. Dhavamani whom even though never met before, made me to read this book.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger meenakshi sundaram said...

Have you ever seen the movie with the same title. I had once seen it and I loved it.

Tue Jul 27, 08:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Parmeshwar K.Ramnath said...

we have made a stage drama on it. can you present it? we are bombay based.

Tue Aug 27, 10:02:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home