Thursday, April 20, 2006

My horrible one day life in bangalore

It was not a horrible day for me alone but for most of the bachelors in bangalore. Follow the story I have narrated to know what happened and how it happened in a way it should not
It was 12 April, 3.00 PM, when I was in my main office X in Millers Road. There we were having some hands on meeting with some top level management. Believe me were outnumbered in a conference room. Really it was like suffocating. There comes the news at 3.45 PM there was a news that "Actor Rajkumar is has expired by heart attack". There were some voices like who was Rajkumar. That is not a out of box question for those who are working in Bangalore in an MNC. Because it is place were lot of young and old people work. Obviously young people can have no hint of who is Rajkumar. Again in few minutes 3.50PM there was information that mobs are getting
violent and there is going to be mourning for two days. So everyone was asked to leave to their houses as soon as possible before it was going to be big problem. I started to BTM layout where I was in a temporary gents PG where there is no food provided.
I was little safe enough to have some biscuit packets, water bottle, soft drinks. It was 4.30PM when I reached my room. Safe and I was in the same shape and my bike was also in the same shape as it was. Night came and hunger also came. I had some biscuit packets but that can't satisfy a dinner.So went out for dinner.
It was 10.00PM. In what place I am? Is this bangalore? those where the questions in my mind. Those who are in bangalore know the BTM udpi garden signal traffic jam. But there was no traffic or signal and only some rare vechile movement in the road. I wasn't able to find even a single place to get food or bread packet. Night dinner obviously become biscuits. Cleverly I got the idea of calling pizza corner for placing pizza order. But they said that they are closed for two days. Had few more and slept.
It was almost 10.00AM morning hunger made me to get and sit. I was able to realise that there was no regular life back in bangalore. Had some biscuits and hit bed again. You can't expect more from a bachelor other than what I did that to when there is no work. Again at 11.00AM I was sitting in my bed with hunger! hunger!! hunger!!!. I switched on the TV and saw that there was lot channels blank. As part of state mourning except news channels like NDTV, surya news all others weren't broadcasted. NDTV was showing the violence that was taking place in place in TV. I was stunned to see the mob violence and imporper police planning regarding the situation and how the tackle the situation. It was like someone has to land to save the policeman. I called up home and said that I was safe and sound and called up my friends to know their status. All were safe. Then came the news that the mob were creating problem only in Indira Nagar area where in a Stadium they have kept Rajkumar's body for his fans last respect and other places were safe. Ok thought I could go and have food. So at 3.30PM (nearly after 24 Hrs of having food prior) went to mostly all available closed hotels near my place and then went near office and found the regular mess open but there was no side dish and only rice and gravies. No other go other than to have it. So had it and got some fruits and came back. When I was back to my room I saw in road lot of broken glass doors in all almost all places and very megre traffic was there. Entered into the room and saw in surya TV what they were showing live. The mobs were burning the cars and breaking glass doors on the way to the place where Actor Rajkumar body was to be cremated. It was horrible to see mobs torching someone's car and property. Even the cremation had lots of problem. The polic action for the act was really insane and pre or post actions. Finally the day was over with Actor Rajkumar who wasn't a political figure and an Actor who had a natural death had such a mourning ceremony. The day ended There was traffic on road and bangalore life seems to be partially normal but still closed doors of shops were laid closed. Got my bus to pondicherry at 11.00PM in diary circle and started back to my hometown with my friend who was also unfortunately under protection travelling. What is the result of all that happened? Nothing but ill fame for a good human after death and problem for bachelor's starving for food.

3 Comments:

Blogger Manoj said...

very good narration of the event. btw, i also suffered like u.

Thu Apr 20, 07:36:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Karthigeyan said...

thats the real Bangalore

Be happy that u got food within a day

பூனைக்கு யார் மணி கட்டறது?

Tue Apr 25, 08:16:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Shanmugam said...

most of the guys here in b'lore would have suffered like u that time i believe, even me a little, anytime, anything can happen here, 've 2 learn from exprnce...

Tue May 09, 08:01:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home